Before we get into the product comparison table – I want to tell me, readers, how I found the Best Big Juicers and what criteria I used to make sure that these large family sized juicers are worthy of your attention. I considered four common themes that seem to be indicative of a quality juicer. For example, consider the Wattage or the power draw this will determine the speed at which the juicer can break down the fruits and veg.
I also consider the materials used to build these juicers – which most are made from plastic I have always preferred stainless steel. Stainless steel is a strong material and is easy to clean and by choosing a stainless steel juicer – sure it will be expensive but at least you will not run into avoidable warranty issues in the future.
You’ll Also Like:
- Best Affordable Juicer -The Best Juicers Reviewed
- Best Home Espresso Machine – 10 Affordable Espresso Machines
Our Criteria for the Best Big Juicers and Family Sized Juicers
Unlike other kitchenware products, large-sized Juicers come with their very own set of strengths and weaknesses such as the difficulty in cleaning the Juicer, the weight of the Juicer, the warranty of the Juicer, and lastly the material used to build the juicer (build quality). These four main criteria are strictly applied to the Juicers which I sought to review. I found several strong contenders that did not meet the cut but nonetheless were decent products because they did have a decent warranty and good wattage.
- Cleanliness – How To Keep the best Big Juicers Clean – The main objection to buying a large juicer for the family is having to clean it. Pulling it apart, piece by piece only to not be able to reach those tricky surfaces. I wanted this to be a strong motivating factor for our buying guide here so that those families or even people without families who are considering buying a juicer – know what they are buying and the “maintenance” of the product.
- This sounds like an eliminating factor which it is but there are many, many juicers out there that are less difficult to clean and there are many tips and tricks you can use to them clean on the regular. This criterion does interact with the materials used to build the juicer (the build quality) which can make it easier to clean or more difficult.
- The Weight of a Juicer (From a safety perspective) – Juicers grind down course vegetables like carrots, reddish, and potatoes into liquids within a matter of seconds. The last thing you want is for your juicer to be rocking backward and forward whilst juicing. if you have ever experienced a juicer being knocked over whilst it’s doing its thing then you will know the fear of this. The weight of a juicer is an indication of the build quality – the less plastic used to construct the thing, the heavier the juicer is going to be. There are suction cups on the bottom of these juicers but I feel more comfortable when the juicers have a bit more heft to them.
- The Warranty of a Juicer – Your new Juicers warranty is indicative of the quality of the build, the build of your juicer will determine how long it will last. Most manufacturers expect people to use the Juicer at least every day, hence why the best big Juicers have a lengthy warranty term. A long warranty term on a large family sized Juicer means that your family can rely on the product in the long term, for more than 3 years. These warranty policies mean that you can return your large family sized Juicer for repair or replacement quickly, rather than the standard 90 days. Some brands will ship you a new product within the same month.
- The Build Quality of a Juicer – The saying that you get what you paid for is always true. If you are seeking a juicer that is cheap, you are going to find one that will not last very long and with continued use will become less of a juicer and more of a vegetable and fruit shredder. The blades within cheap juicers are quick to bend and break, there have been times when clients have been using an old juicer only to find a piece of metal in their juice. Cheap Juicers are dangerous and should not be used as a long term solution. The quality juicer will be made from stainless steel, heat-resistant plastic, stainless steel serrated blades, a large bowel for vegetable and fruit waste.
- The Power Draw of a Juicer – The higher the power draw of the juicer, the better the consistency of the juice. Say for example you are making a carrot juice, the last thing you want would be a low-wattage juicer that is unable to power the blades effectively against the friction of a carrot. Let’s put it this way, the higher the wattage of the juicer the more powerful it is, save for the build quality of course. I always choose kitchen products, not just large family sized juicers based on wattage and materials used to build it.
The Difference Between A Centrifugal Juicer and A Masticating Juicer
Without the criteria above, you might already be confused about what to look for in a Juicing product for your family or even your own kitchen. But did you know that there are different kinds of juicers that you can use to get the best juicing experience possible? There are two main types of Juicers available online and these are Centrifugal and Masticating Juicers, these are explained below!
What is a Centrifugal Juicer?
A centrifugal Juicer is the most common Juicer there is available, if you own a Juicer then it is probably a centrifugal Juicer. These kinds of Juicers are also known as Fast Juicers because they produce Juice very quickly. A centrifugal Juicer is fed the ingredients into a tube, which is then pushed into the rotating blades located within the centrifuge. The blades cut your ingredients into Juice at high speed, approximately 6000-15000 RPM. A centrifugal Juicer is the perfect large family juicer for the home because they are cheap, built with quality materials, and is easily available.
What is a Masticating Juicer?
A masticating Juicer produces Juice by grinding vegetables and fruit at a slow rate. The Juice produced by a masticating Juicer is fibrous and contains a lot of pulp. Since less air is run through the Juice, there is a low oxidation rate of the nutritional content leading to a more beneficial and digestible Juice product. Masticating Juicers typically have a lot of yields and a small amount of waste compared to centrifugal Juicers which have a lot of waste.
What is the Difference between a Centrifugal Juicer and a Masticating Juicer
There are many differences between a centrifugal and masticating Juicer, the foremost obvious difference is that the masticating juicers provide you with a thicker, more notorious juice filled with the fiber from the fruit and vegetables you have used.
Whilst masticating juicers utilized most of the ingredients, leaving little waste to clean up, the juice cannot be stored for more than a day before going bitter. There is also technical maintenance on the masticating Juicer that has to be considered, about the flesh screen, the blades, and of course the filter within the Juicer that takes a beating. It’s no secret that masticating Juicers require more maintenance than a centrifugal.
Compare The Best Big Juicers and Large Family Sized Juicers
|Kuvings BPA-Free Silent Juicer SC||6.49 x 9.64 x 17.12 inches and 18 Pounds.||BPA free components. Comes with it’s own easy to clean tool. 240 watt motor operates at 80 RPM minimizing noise.|
10 Year Warranty.
|4.2 Stares based on 62 Reviews.|
“I really don’t know the difference in the juicers, but I do know this is a great product and it should be in every household.”
|Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain||13.2 x 16.5 x 18.2 inches and |
|850 watt dual speed motor. Heavy grade polymer body,|
Stainless steel micromesh filter,
Stainless steel cutting disc.
|4.5 Stars based on 10,159 Reviews.||https://amzn.to/2VXCHKO|
|Hurom HH-SBB11 Elite Slow Juicer||9.8 x 6.7 x 15.6 inches and |
|impact resistant ABS plastic body. 150 watts of power. High yielding juicer.||4.3 Stars based on 19 Reviews.||https://amzn.to/36XPVND|
|Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer||16.1 x 7.9 x 11.6 inches||3 Year warranty, 80 RPM motor and only 150 watts.||4.5 Stars based on 4931 Reviews.||https://amzn.to/3qIWcoj|
|Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor||14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 inches and |
|150 watts and comes with a “15 year guarantee”.||4.7 stars based on 1217 Reviews.||https://amzn.to/37KZr64|
|Omega VSJ843QS Vertical Slow Masticating||15.51 x 6.97 x 15.47 inches and 11.5 Pounds.||Juice Tap. Heavy duty juicer screen. Easy to disassemble. Easy to clean.||4.4 Stars based on 553 Reviews.||https://amzn.to/3rddwSL|
|Hurom H-AI-LBB20 H-AI||15.51 x 15.04 x 12.6 inches and |
|Slow juice pressing. Easy to clean. High quality components.||4.2 stars based on 44 Reviews.||https://amzn.to/3m0tT1l|
|Tribest GSE-5010 Greenstar Elite Masticating Juicer||18.6 x 6.8 x 12.4 inches and 17.2 Pounds.||12 Year Warranty. Twin Gear Juicing. Easy to clean.||4.4 Stars based on 726 Reviews.||https://amzn.to/3gt4OL0|
|Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer B6000SR||6.5 x 9.6 x 17.8 inches and |
|BPA free components. Easy to clean and built with quality components.||4.1 Stars based on 49 Reviews.||https://amzn.to/3oCoz5K|
Best List of Best Big Juicers and Family Sized Juicers
Kuvings BPA-Free Silent Juicer SC
“this is a great product and it should be in every household” – Verified Purchase Amazon Review
Truly a Great Large Family Sized Juicer and Best Big Juicer.
- 4.2 stars based on 66 Reviews.
- Manufactured with sturdy materials and BPA-Free plastic so you do not have to worry about Xenoestrogens and other harmful Petro-chemicals from long term use.
- Weighs a sturdy 18 pounds making this juicer difficult to knock over.
- Large bottom spacers and design ingenuity makes cleaning this juicer easier than ever.
- 10 Year Warranty
- Manufactured in Korea making access to warranty – Repair and Replacement lengthy.
- Masticating Juicers may not be ideal for people unaccustomed to this kind of throthy juice.
- Low voltage may require you to chop your root vegetables into smaller pieces if you decide to make juice from them
The Kuvings BPA-Free Silent Juicer SC is manufactured in Korea and offers it’s users a quick and easy juicing experience. If you are looking for an affordable juicer with a long warranty that gives your the best juice possible then this is the juicer for you.
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain
Best Big Juicer with a Monster 850 Watt Power Draw
- 4.5 stars based on 10,235 reviews.
- 850 watt dual power motor.
- Serrated stainless steel cutting disk.
- Easy to clean and manufactured with quality materials.
- Two speed setting 12000RPM and 6500RPM.
- 1 year warranty on product.
- Centrifugal juicers tend to make a lot of mess and waste.
Hurom HH-SBB11 Elite Slow Juicer
Gives High Yield, The Perfect Family Sized Juicer
- 4.3 stars based on 19 reviews.
- Built by a reputable brand.
- Sturdy 13.6 pounds
- High Yielding juicer.
- Reviews state that it is difficult to clean
- No clear warranty policy.
Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer
3 Year Warranty and a quiet 150 watts – A quiet Juicer Perfect for early mornings.
- The motor comes with a reverse setting, making this setup easier to clean.
- This Best Big Juicer gives high yield to your fruits and vegetables.
- 4.5 stars based on 5114 reviews.
- Three years quality assurance.
- Sturdy dimensions make the juicer hard to knock over.
- Materials are mostly plastic which cracks over time.
Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor
15-year Guarantee on product and parts, this is a high quality large family sized juicer.
- 4.7 stars based on 1234 ratings.
- Sturdy 13-pound juicer and easy to store dimensions (14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 inches).
- This large family sized juicer may be difficult to clean.
Omega VSJ843QS Vertical Slow Masticating
Heavy Duty Mesh Screen for Consistently Smooth Juice From one of the Best Big Juicers
- This slow juicer provides a high yield of juice from your vegetables. You will be able to predict how many veggies and fruits you’ll need to make the juice.
- Made with reliable materials.
- Easy to pack away.
- None. This juicer is suitable for juice addicts and large families.
The autocleaning system allows you to spend more time enjoying your juice and removing the hassle from cleaning it. This machine is incredible efficient at delivering high-quality, healthy and fresh juice to your lips via unique masticating technology.
Stop wasting time on your morning breakfast and attempting to get your 5 servings of fruit and veggies per day when you could absorb these essential nutrients in less than 7 minutes.
Hurom H-AI-LBB20 H-AI
Another Best Big Juicer giving you The Best Slow Press Juice of Your Life
- This Juicer is manufactured in Korea and this brand is known for it’s reliability. This slow juicer, presses juice without heating the motor up, leaving all of those vitamins and minerals within your juice.
- This juicers design makes it easy to clean and intuitive to use.
- No more mess created by guests!
This product meets your juicing needs by reducing your TTR – which is your Time-Till-Juice and reducing your cleanup. This juicer is self-feeding, allowing you to clean up whilst this juicer does it’s thing.
Enjoy your juice fresh, unprocessed, and smooth with this juicer. Made from stainless steel and strong plastic.
Tribest GSE-5010 Greenstar Elite Masticating Juicer
This Large Family Size Juicer Comes With a 12 Year Warranty
- This large family sized juicer is actually designed for commercial juicing operations.
- Highly rated and reliable.
- Will last any large family more than 4 years easily.
- It’s extremely easy to clean and offers predictable juice loads.
- 12-year warranty.
- Not suitable for a single person or small couple.
This large family sized juicer will allow you to get a head start on a healthier, active life. This product has been noticeably designed to minimize waste by maximizing output.
Being a masticating juicer there is no sacrifice on quality nor is there a risk of oxidation. This juicer offers you a slow juicing process giving you the best nutrition available from fruits and vegetables.
This product is one of the best big juicers on the market offering a 12-year warranty and quality product for a modest price making it affordable for any family.
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer B6000SR
Easy To Use And Easy To Clean
- Low RPM motor won’t need repairs in the long run.
- Machine design makes it easier to clean and is dishwasher safe.
- Simple on and off button, makes it easy for anyone to use.
- Bulky and inefficient design.
- Can be a hassle to pull apart after juicing.
This slow juicer is a patented design featuring a world-first wide-mouth opening. Load your juice with more vitamins and minerals than before with bigger fruits and veggies. This design will allow you to juice aggressively and save your time on your prep, processing, and clean-up (easier to clean).
This speedy-juicing process eliminates the oxidation of nutrients, giving you more time to enjoy those important enzymes made available by the juicer. By using this juicer, your future expectations will be difficult to meet, since this product offers you a unique and improved juice and juicing experience.
Easy to clean BPA components will keep this juicer free from hygiene hang-ups and keep you motivated to use time and time again, without the post-juice clean-up hassle. Enjoy a non-exclusive juicing experience with frozen desserts like ice cream or gelatos.